Monday, August 11, 2008

Landscaping Begins

Since I happen to know a great landscaper, we have a little 'in' to get going on the reformation of our yard. It was just a little bit hurtful to see that darn grass that I have tried to keep green for 18 years now torn up and hauled away in one afternoon. Oh well...Here we go with a mud hole at the moment. This is a view of the back yard from the top of the stairs where the patio will be.
Sad, sad, sad spot where my kids spent MANY happy hours digging and playing and imagining lots of new worlds. Steffi felt a little melancholy to see her sandbox go. We actually found one of Kyle's long lost Ninja Turtles buried deep in the pile. I wonder how many years it has been there.
Back of the house view. This will eventually be filled with a little grass trail and beautiful big bushes and trees and flowers and bench so that I can sit and read a good book.
Different View of the sight for the patio.
Side view. Those fruit trees will be gone soon. I am tired of the mess they make. Poor dead grass.

1 comment:

Papa Doc said...

This middle class neighborhood in Salem is about to go high class. Boy, when you go "hiring" a landscaper to do things you have hit the big time. I notice the garden got left in. The tomatoes are good for all classes of people.

Jim Clark