Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Big Island

We had a lot of fun on the Big Island. My dear high school friends, Sandy and Bruce, allowed us to stay in their beautiful home. Mahalo!!! Thanks so much for your generosity! I think it is my favorite island. Here Ky, Steff and Al are at the mouth of a beautiful hike to a waterfall. This beautiful view is less than a mile from Bruce and Sandy's house. Imagine seeing that every day!!!! Lucky, lucky lucky!

That is a black sand beach below. Most everyone ran down and then back up one morning. It was straight down a cliff! Black sand is really cool! It is kind of powdery and fine.

Here we are at Akaka Falls.


Kyle slept outside for a couple of nights on this hammock! He thinks it was the best bed in the house. Until he got woken up by an insane rooster!







2 comments:

Jessica said...

Roosters are everywhere there! I am so glad you had fun! Makes me want to go somewhere warm!

Jodi and Josh said...

Your blog is great!
It's fun to check up on you guys! I'm totally jealous that you got to go to Hawaii for Christmas!!
What fun memories for your family!